Celtx is a free "cross-platform media application that provides support for the entire pre-production process."
Use it for preproduction for: film, video, theatre, animation....or any media development.
Available for Windows, Mac and Linux, available on or offline. Split into four areas:
- writing tools (storyboard development and scripts)
- pre-visualization tools (storyboarding and media rich breakdowns)
- organization tools (project folders supporting external documents and scheduling/reports)
- web services (collaboration tool, private work spaces, back-ups, and publishing
Working through the preproduction process....this application assists you in:
- getting started - "Location, Character and Scene development tools help you start a dynamic story line"
- writing - with all the features of a document editor to assist with the writing momentum.
- collaborate - features enable teams to work together in the development of a project
- media breakdown - enables you to tag (comment) on props, characters, etc...with notes, pictures and audio.
- storyboard - drag and drop your images into the storyboard to be grouped and tagged. Play them as an animatic to help with the flow of the story.
- scheduling - is a "real-time" feature to help plan your shoot/digital story.
- web services - using Celtx server features allows you to back-up your project, share your project with others, or publish to Celtx central.