What is your carbon footprint? There has been a lot in the news lately about reducing one's carbon footprint.
What is a carbon footprint? "It is a measure of the impact human activities have on the environment in terms of the amount of green house gases produced, measured in units of carbon dioxide." (from: Carbon Footprint)
Carbon Footprint gives some tips on reducing your primary footprint:
- holidays (don't go by air)
- electricity (sign up to renewable energy)
- gas (try using solar wate heating)
- traveling around (use public transport as much as possible)
- car share (sign up to a car share scheme)
an inconvenient truth has made a lot of news since it has been released as DVD. Vice President Al Gore presents an impactful look at global warming. The website has a free educational guide to go with the DVD.
Other sites to checkout:
- New York Times: On the Web, an Advanced Carbon Calculator for Personal Use
- ABC News: Reducing Your Carbon Footprint
- Hippy Green: Reducing your Carbon Footprint
- Enironmental Leader: Companies measure the Carbon Footprint of consumer products