Just a reminder for those designers needing inspiration that have not found Adobe Labs: Kuler yet......go check it out today!
It is a great tool that is helping designers around the world with color schemes and inspiration. Whether you are building a set for a play, designing a line of clothing, illustrating for a magazine or building a website.....color is an important element that will have a true impact on your final product and an impact on your target market.
Use as an instructional tool in any color lesson. Students can create accounts and log into the web version of Kuler or download the standalone version for their desktops. They can create their own colour themes around colour rules:
- custom (move the colour arms to form own themes)
Below each colour swatch Kuler also gives you the code for the following colour models:
- HSV (hue, saturation, value)
- RGB (red, green, blue)
- CMYK (cyan, magenta, yellow, black)
- LAB (the most complete color model used conventionally to describe all the colors visible to the human eye)
- HEX (color code for HTML)
Great tool to get students inspired!